Find the Right Dresser for Every Bedroom in Your Home
A dresser is an essential storage item in almost every bedroom, helping you find the perfect place for your sweaters, t-shirts, blue jeans and more. Quality pieces of furniture also play a main role in helping you define the decor in your room, giving your space a cohesive look that you love.
Use this guide to help you find an assortment of dressers and chests for your bedroom.
Why Add a Dresser to Your Bedroom?
You've been in a dozen well-designed bedrooms before, and in almost all of them, you'll find chests and freestanding storage pieces. Whether you're gearing up for a total room re-design, or you just want to add a piece to an existing bedroom set, stylish storage is one smart way to do it. Here's why you should add a dresser to your bedroom whether you're shopping for all new pieces or looking to enhance what you already have:
- Chests make it easier for you to store folded items like sweaters, t-shirts and undergarments. Don't take up essential closet space or stretch out those shoulders by hanging easy-to-fold and store clothing items.
- They're useful for storing items like linens and blankets so they're always handy. Add a chest to your guest room and visitors can quickly find clean blankets and throws on chilly nights.
- They add a decorative element to your room. Modern, transitional and traditional styles are available so you can shop for a whole bedroom set or add must-have storage one piece at a time.
Dresser Styles and Options
Choosing a chest of drawers for your space starts with finding the right size, height and storage capacity. After that, it's all about the look. At Pottery Barn, we have a variety of styles so you can build a new bedroom from the ground up or give your favorite furniture pieces new life.
- Traditional styles. Utilizing natural wood and visual elements that are tried-and-true, traditional styles add a touch of class and elegance to your master suite or guest bedroom. Distressed wood styles provide a vintage-inspired look in your traditional bedroom.
- Modern styles. Slick and sleek, modern chests of drawers give any bedroom a contemporary look that's on-trend and current. Clean solid-colored styles with metal hardware, all-metal or metal-finish pieces and rich, dark wood dressers will blend beautifully with any modern bedroom setup.
- Transitional styles. Blending traditional and more modern elements, transitional styles bridge the gap between old and new. Painted wood looks, modern shapes and more contemporary hardware styles typically define transitional chests. Mid-century, art deco and retro-inspired styles are ideal for transitional homes utilizing eclectic furnishings.
Shop Pottery Barn to find traditional, transitional and modern chests to match your existing furnishings or guide you toward a whole room re-do. You'll also find essential storage items like TV stands and media cabinets for your bedroom, living room or family room.