Shop Sectional Sofas for Big and Small Spaces
Having a comfortable place for the whole family and all of your friends to gather is a must in most homes. While a traditional sofa, loveseat and occasional chair configuration can be special in a lot of spaces, sectional sofas bring a unique, refined look to your room. You don't need a huge great room to utilize one in your home, either.
Keep reading to learn more about sectional sofas at Pottery Barn. With a wide range of styles, sizes and configurations available, you can find the perfect sectional or modular sofa for any size room.
Why Choose a Sectional Sofa?
Sectionals help fill oversized seating areas and make the most of small spaces where big, bulky individual pieces of furniture just won't fit. Here are a few reasons that you should put sectional sofas on your shopping list when you're looking for a seating upgrade or taking on a whole room re-do:
- Sectionals can easily fill oversized living rooms and open floor plan designs where smaller pieces might feel minuscule.
- Smaller sectionals can help you make the most of a room with limited seating area. Save space and improve comfort with an all-in-one sectional that gives everybody a place to relax.
- Sectionals come in a wide range of configurations that can help you work with a difficult room shape or configuration. Left-facing, right-facing sectionals, as well as U-shaped models, can be used to avoid blocking pathways, doors or other points of entry.
- They often feature chaise lounges. Nothing beats a chaise lounge when you want to put your feet up after a long day. Just keep the family from fighting for that coveted chaise lounge seat!
- Sectionals are easy to shop for. With a sectional, you can find one style that you love and get the fit that's perfect for your setup. Make shopping simple and go for a sectional instead of multiple pieces for your seating area.
Sectional Sofa Styles
Sectional and modular sofas from Pottery Barn come in a wide range of styles to fit your home's aesthetic. Here are a few of the styles you can find when you're shopping for your den, living room or family room:
- Traditional and transitional styles. Designed to be up-to-date without being too modern, traditional and transitional sectionals provide an understated, comfort-first style that can blend in with all of your other decor pieces. Look for neutral options to match sub-styles like coastal and country French designs. Many of these styles are also family-friendly with upholstery options that are easy to clean and care for.
- Modern styles. Low and sleek, modern sectionals fit contemporary rooms to a T. Neutral colors are available, as are go-to modern looks like gray, slate and bright white. You can even find some bold colors if you're looking for a real standout sectional.
- Retro and vintage-inspired styles. Go for an industrial-chic vibe or play up your mid-century tendencies with retro and vintage-inspired sectionals. Rugged leather, unique frame materials like seagrass and familiar 1950s and 1960s shapes work beautifully in eclectic and period-specific spaces.
- Formal looks. Perfect for your living room where you entertain guests, ornate sectionals with decorative details like exposed nail head trim provide an elegant look for your formal spaces. Leather and high-quality fabric options likely suit your formal spaces best.
Find Your Configuration
Choosing a sectional is all about finding the right style and fit for your room. Multiple configuration options make it simple to find the form that fits your space. Here are a few of the most popular options you can find when shopping for a sectional or modular sofa:
- Reversible chaise sectionals. Not sure how to configure your room yet? Maybe you need a little flexibility to quickly re-do your space? Choose a reversible chaise sectional to try both styles in your home.
- Left-facing, right-facing chaise sectionals. Chaise lounges provide extra comfort to your sofa, but most rooms need to leave space on one side to create a path in or out. Choose your configuration by imagining which side you want your chaise on when facing the sofa. If it's on the left for your room, for example, you want a left-facing chaise.
- U-shaped and extra-large sectionals. Great rooms and oversized living rooms often need big pieces of furniture. U-shaped sofas provide lots of seating and leave an open area for your coffee table and other pieces of furniture. Four-piece sectionals come in a wide range of configurations to help you fill a large room.
- Create your own. Can't find the right sectional for your room? Build your own sectional through Pottery Barn to fit your exact needs.
Find a variety of sectional sofas for gathering your whole gang at Pottery Barn. With dozens of styles to choose from, you can find the right match for your master bedroom suite, living room, den, family room or formal space.