Entertain Your Guests in Style with Bar Furniture from Pottery Barn
Your bar is the centerpiece of any party, whether you're mixing up Manhattans or showing off your collection of vintage wines. Whatever you like to drink and however you like to host, adding the right bar furniture to your home can make cocktail hour a whole lot more fun.
Use this quick guide to learn more about the different pieces of bar furniture you can find at Pottery Barn. With so many different choices available, there's a bar that'll fit your drinking habits whether you're a budding bartender or a sophisticated sommelier.
The Benefits of Bar Furniture
A great piece of furniture is worth its weight in gold, but a bar is more than just decor. Here are a few benefits stylish bar furniture from Pottery Barn can bring to your home:
- Bars help you organize your spirits, wine, cocktail supplies and tools in one place. Some bars even have a place where you can add a mini-refrigerator for chilling white wine or keeping beer cold around the clock.
- Bars give you a place to mix a drink without taking over the kitchen. Entertain your guests with a stylish bar that fits your living room or den, without running back and forth to the kitchen for another round.
- You can keep your glassware organized. Finding that mule mug or specialty cocktail shaker isn't so simple when you have everything stored in the kitchen with the pots and pans. Keep your barware and cookware separate by adding a beautiful bar to your decor.
Bar Hutches, Buffets and Cabinets
Offering tons of storage space for your favorite bottles, bar hutches, buffets and cabinets make it easy to house all of your drink supplies. Here are a few things to look for when shopping for large pieces of furniture for your bar:
- Wine storage. Built-in wine storage keeps your bottles on their side so they won't go bad. You can also organize them so you can always find the right wine for your meal.
- Glassware storage. Many large hutches, buffets and cabinets have a place for glassware storage. Look for hanging storage or shelves to organize everything from champagne flutes to beer mugs.
- Workspace. Making a cocktail isn't work for most people, but every bartender knows you need some space to make a good mixed drink. Look for hutches and cabinets with butcher block inserts or a place to perform basic tasks like slice lemons and limes. Opt for a buffet if you want bar storage with a top that can do double-duty for mixing drinks and serving food.
Bar Towers and Shelves
Big pieces of furniture like bar hutches, buffets and cabinets are great for some spaces, but not everybody needs that much room. If that sounds like you, consider organizing your bottles and barware with a vertical tower or shelving unit. You can still access everything you need, but you won't take up valuable square footage with an oversized unit.
Designed to offer traditional bar storage in a smaller package, bar carts can work wonders in your formal living room or den. Show off a few of your favorite bottles and make getting a drink easy for you and your guests. When shopping for bar carts at Pottery Barn, you'll find a few different styles to match your traditional, transitional, vintage-inspired or modern decor.
- Stationary bar carts. Designed to stay in place and provide steady storage for bottles and barware, stationary carts provide vintage-inspired charm that'll look great in almost any room.
- Rolling bar carts. Rolling bar carts are easy to move so you can take your party anywhere you please. Ideal for hosting small parties or everyday use, bar carts typically come in single or double-shelf designs so you can keep spirits and glasses handy. Rolling bar carts are an excellent addition to any man cave, she shed or even a lounge space where you want to relax with friends and family.
- Oversized bar carts. Got a big bottle collection or a growing group of wines you want to make available to your friends and family? Look for oversized bar carts with two or three shelves so you can keep your favorite liquors, liqueurs, wines and more handy. You'll also have room for cocktail glasses so there's no need to go to the kitchen to fix a drink.
Find bar furniture that fits your room and enjoy a drink with friends and family. A variety of styles and sizes makes it easy to find the right fit for your home.