A Gorgeous Console Table for Every Room
A console table is a versatile piece of furniture that can be used throughout the home in many ways. These tables double as a place to store useful items like books and as a place to display decorative items like picture frames and family heirlooms. While most of these tables have open storage shelves, some come with opaque drawers to hide away clutter. They are available in a variety of beautiful colors and styles to coordinate perfectly with the existing furniture in any living space.
Console Table Uses
Though these tables come in contrasting modern and traditional styles, the basic construction is similar from table to table. Each console table has a flat top surface and lower shelves or storage space. These versatile tables make a lovely addition to many spaces around the home.
- At the front of the house, entryway tables are very useful. Keep scarves, mittens and other outerwear in storage bins on the shelves or use the table to store boots and shoes.
- In the living room, sofa tables can be placed against the wall to house books and other media items. They can even hold small televisions.
- Sofa tables also fit well in unused space underneath window sills or behind the sofa.
- These small tables create extra storage for pantry staples and small appliances in the kitchen. They can also be used to hold glasses and bottles to build a makeshift bar for entertaining.
- In the bedroom, these tables can be placed against the wall or at the end of the bed to hold clothing or extra blankets.
Style and Color Options
Once you've decided how to use your table and measured your space, you'll need to settle on a style and color. Take cues from your existing furniture and decor to choose a table that will coordinate well and enhance the space.
- A solid wood console table makes a great addition to traditional or rustic-style spaces. Choose from light wood stains with visible wood grain or darker wood stains to add drama.
- Painted wood entryway tables come in various neutral shades like white and gray. These tables combine the sturdiness of wood with the modern, clean painted look.
- Sofa tables with glass or metal accents are another popular choice. These stylish tables greatly enhance modern living spaces.
A console table is a beautiful accent piece for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens or hallways. With traditional wood and modern metal styles to choose from, these tables will greatly enhance any room and coordinate well with your existing furniture and accessories. And these tables aren't only decorative but also functional, with ample storage space included for organizing and displaying items like books and picture frames.