Find Kitchen Rugs to Suit Your Home's Style
They say the home is where the heart is, but in most homes, the real center of the house is the kitchen. Whether you're a gourmet chef with a book of recipes or you're pressed for time in the kitchen, you need a comfortable workspace if you're going to cook, bake or create any kind of meal. With rugs and mats, you can make your kitchen more comfortable and up your style game in a matter of minutes. Use this guide to help you find the right one for your home.
Why Shop for Kitchen Rugs?
A quality kitchen floor is durable and easy to clean, but one thing it is not is soft. There's more to kitchen rugs than just softening the look of your room though. Here are a few reasons you should shop for the right rug for your kitchen area:
- Rugs for the kitchen add color and pattern. Modern minimal spaces and more traditional kitchens can all benefit from a rug to break up the expanse of hard flooring you'll find in most homes.
- Kitchen mats and rugs are great for home chefs handling tons of prep work. Why stand on the hard floor when you can have something soft and stylish to give you a little cushion while you work?
- You can use a durable rug in other spaces besides your kitchen. Some kitchen rugs double as indoor/outdoor rugs that'll even perform beautifully on your deck and patio. They're also great for high-traffic entry areas and mud rooms where dirty boots wet coats live.
Choosing a rug for your kitchen area will make your space more stylish and ensure an efficient, chef-friendly space. Here are a few styles you can shop for today:
- Neutral, solid-colored rugs. Classic materials like sisal, seagrass and jute are ideal for the kitchen since they are durable and blend in with almost any style of decor. You can also find a variety of more colorful solid-colored rugs in tones like charcoal, blue, red, green and more.
- Patterned rugs. Look for rugs in stripes, patterns and prints to match the color scheme of your kitchen. It's easy to find understated prints and more fun, off-the-wall options to make a bold statement. Traditional kilim rugs made from synthetic materials can also add a vibrant touch to your kitchen without being too over the top.
- Unique shapes. Most rugs for the kitchen are going to be rectangular, but who says a round rug won't work? Consider a unique shape to match fixtures and textures you've already got in your kitchen.
Shop Pottery Barn today to find a huge selection of durable, stylish entryway rugs, kitchen mats and rugs in solid colors, fun patterns and a range of different sizes. You can also find area rugs to help you update the decor in your living room, bedroom, family room or home office while you're at it.