Create a Backyard Oasis with Outdoor Curtains
Add luxury and privacy to any outdoor living space with gorgeous outdoor curtains. These weather-resistant drapes come in many beautiful colors including neutral tones and bolder shades. While most are made with plain fabrics, some of these drapes have a chunky striped pattern to give your backyard a fun nautical theme.
Outdoor drapes are available in silky sheer styles that provide a slight sun coverage or thick blackout styles that completely block the light. Both curtain types are made with special acrylic or polyester fabrics which will resist mold, water damage and many other weather-related issues.
Using Outdoor Curtains
With the proper curtain hardware, these beautiful curtains can hang in a variety of outdoor spaces. Curtain rods and mounting hardware are sold separately. Consider hanging these drapes in any of the following places:
- Hang these lovely curtains from the roof of your front porch or in your sunroom.
- Similarly, these curtains also look great on a covered back deck.
- If you do not have a covered front porch or back deck, build a gazebo or cabana-like structure anywhere in your backyard. With gorgeous curtains and some patio lounge furniture, this will become the most comfortable and luxurious space in your backyard.
- If you haven't the room for a full cabana or gazebo, you can also find ready-to-build chaise lounge canopy chairs at Pottery Barn that can accommodate outdoor drapes.
- Because they are made with tough fabrics, these curtains can also be used indoors in high-traffic spaces like living rooms or children's playrooms.
Key Benefits to Outdoor Curtains
Trendy outdoor drapes deserve to be used more often in outdoor decorating. Not only are they quite affordable, but these gorgeous flowing fabrics also offer many key benefits to your backyard living space.
- The simple look of a curtain blowing in the wind carries a fresh feeling of luxury that's hard to imitate. Because curtains are frequently used at tropical resorts, they'll make your backyard feel like its own paradise.
- These outdoor shades also create privacy in your outdoor spaces. You can throw open the curtains to bask in the sunshine or shut them completely to take a quick nap in the fresh air or enjoy some private quiet time in peace.
- Curtains are also a pretty alternative to using bulky outdoor umbrellas to provide shade throughout your backyard.
- They can also be used to divide your backyard into separate living spaces for dining, lounging and entertaining.
Make any outdoor living space feel extra special by adding trendy and affordable outdoor curtains. Use eye-catching colored curtains to make a statement or add a subtle hint of luxury with sheer white drapes. These easy-to-install drapes can be used indoors and outdoors to provide privacy and shade and to put the perfect finishing touch on any entertaining space.